Introduction to Python Workshop
This workshop offers an overview of using Python on our HPC clusters with focus on multiprocessing and other advanced applications. We plan to offer it a number of times throughout the year in the future.
This workshop is targeted at users of the Deepthought2 and/or Juggernaut clusters who are interested in Python programming on HPC. This course will introduce participants to these topics:
- development environments for Python on Deepthought2 and Juggernaut
- installing additional packages
- Python bindings for multiprocessing
- multi-threaded & multi-process applications
- Keras/tensorflow, pyTorch
Depending on participants' interests other Python applications may be discussed as well.
Basic knowledge of the Python language is assumed.
More details (and a link to the registration form) can be found on the page for specific offerings of this workshop. The next scheduled workshops are (or last offered workshop if no workshops are currently scheduled):
- Tues, 6 October 2020
- TBD: mid of November